Jun 14, 2011

NoahandMominPrague, part 1!

Hi everyone!

So, since Hungary is a pretty Christian (Catholic?) nation, we get the Monday after Pentecost off.  In other words, 3-day weekend!  And, since I have some time off stacked up from coming in on weekends, I decided to take Tuesday off as well to make it a 4-day weekend.  With all that time, my mother and I decided to take a weekend trip to Prague :)

Our hotel was literally right on the main square in Old Town.  That's proper use of the word literally--here's the view from our window:
This was really awesome because in Prague, most of the sights are within walking distance of the Old Town square.  This meant that we could go see something, then come back to the room and rest for a half an hour, then go out and see something else.  We repeated this like 4 times in a single day, and it was awesome.  Best way to see a city, for sure

Here's our hotel room.  We had the top floor, which was pretty cool (it meant there was almost no noise from the square) but it also meant that our room was weirdly shaped due to the roof XD


 That being said, it was a great little room and an incredibly pleasant place to stay!

Anyways, I'll be posting pictures all week long so I don't want to throw everything up here all at once.  But here are just a few pictures I took in the square:

 The astrological clock is one of the main features of the square.  Pictures don't do it justice, it's really really cool.  I'll probably devote a whole post to it!
 
And here's Tyn Church.  I wish I had a better picture of it, because it's absolutely gorgeous--apparently that whole "Disney" aesthetic isn't artificially created, it's pretty much taken straight from buildings like these.  Fantastic
And yes, street food.  Delicious, delicious street food.  More on that later, to be sure

Anyways, like I said I have plenty to write about and I'll try to post pictures all week long.  Stay tuned!

Noah out

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2011 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Riley said...

Ooh ooh ooh! I've been there! I remember the pretty clock in the main square haha

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:36 AM , Blogger Noah said...

Yeah the clock is so cool, I have a ton of pictures and plan on devoting a whole post to it pretty soon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home