May 11, 2011

Dinner with the folks! (well, not my folks. Tamas's folks. But still)

Hey everybody,

So yes, Tamas and his parents are out in Hungary for the week.  While the circumstances are tragic (his mother's mother recently passed away) it is wonderful to see them.  All three of them are awesome, fantastic people

I of course took everyone out to dinner, because a) it's always a pleasure to take nice people out to dinner, and b) I am, you know, staying in their house rent-free for six months.  And since I haven't had too much time to scout out the area (and it's a little weird to ask someone for recommendations where you should take them for dinner) we went back to Remiz.  This was a very good decision

On my recommendation, Tamas got the spareribs.  He was not disappointed (and got to act super manly tearing them apart with his bare hands)

Mine was a little more exotic:  Breaded, pan-fried catfish with tagliatelle (between fettucini and papardelle). The sauce was fantastic.  Clearly Hungarian--spiced with paprika (only the nice, very spicy kind) and finished with cream.  And just a hint of truffles.  Anyways, it did a fantastic job of pairing with the catfish

And, while I didn't try to take pictures of everyone's food, Tamas's dad was sitting right next to me so I snapped a shot of his weiner schnitzel.  Yes, you read that correctly.  That entire thing is just one giant weiner schnitzel.  And I had a bite, it was delicious

Anyways, nothing terribly exciting, but it was a great meal and a great night out.  Good times were had by all



Noah out

6 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Condolences to Tamas and his family. I'm also sorry Tamas has to leave already. Looks like you had some good times with him.

 
At May 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Damien said...

Yum! I love ribs... When are you going to take me and my family out for dinner now that you're big ballin'?

 
At May 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Noah said...

That's up to you, Damien . . . when are you visiting? ;)

 
At May 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Michael Burnap said...

I am impressed with the serving size of Tamas' ribs!!!!! That looks awesome!!!! Of course, so did everything else.

Just curious, did the server remember you from your previous visit when you left the "too large" tip?

 
At May 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Rinshinomori said...

So I seem to pop in when I see food. Looks great and enjoy reading your blog.

 
At May 23, 2011 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Noah said...

Hi Rinshinomori, nice to meet you! This isn't technically a food blog, but I'm a food person so food will figure prominently. That's just how it works. Feel free to read and comment, and I hope you update your blog as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home