Jul 29, 2011

Typical night out; Godor

 Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a few pics from one of my favorite places to start out a Friday or Saturday night, Godor (actually it has to o-with-two-little-dots-over-it, but as I've said before, we get by just fine with only 26 letters and I see no need to add any more).  Whenever I run into tourist or suchlike (I often chat up English speakers at Rudas) I often send them here, it's a fun place and an enjoyable way to kick off the night before going clubbing or something

Godor is an open-air venue, a large sunken pit near one of the main stations (maybe I'll try to grab a picture during the day to put here).  At night it's always packed!


Friday and Saturday nights there's always live bands playing down in the pit, which is of course awesome:


And of course plenty of drink!  In Hungary there's no law against drinking in public, so you can go up, grab a beer, and wander off with it.  In addition, they have a great selection of palinka


As for food?  Well, wouldn't be a good place to start off a Friday night without it.  You can't always count on food, as every day different vendors or carts show up, but there's pretty consistently at least something good to munch on


And there we have it.  Cheers!


Noah out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home