Mar 30, 2011

Pictures from around the city

Hey everybody,
I'm not actually even in Budapest right now (spent last night in Croatia for work), but I thought it would be nice to throw up a couple of pictures I've taken around Budapest the past week and a half.  It really is a gorgeous city, great for walking around.  Enjoy!

Saint Istvan's (the first King of Hungary's) Basillica:


The Szechenyi Bridge (usually called the chain bridge)
According to the story, Count Szechenyi was on one side of the river when he got word that his father was dying on the other side.  However, a raging storm prevented him from crossing for an entire week, and by the time he got back his father had already passed.  He commissioned the construction of this, the first bridge over the river
Sorry I didn't get a picture at night, it's apparently gorgeous.  Well, another time



I don't even know what this building is, but it looked cool:


There are statues everywhere.  I strongly approve:



Huh, I thought I had more than that kicking around.  Well, enjoy these, and hopefully I'll get back with some more soon!

Noah out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home